AnsweredAssumed Answered

FAQ section needed

Question asked by Dan Buffo on Nov 12, 2008
Latest reply on Nov 13, 2008 by Deepak Gupta
Does anyone else besides me think that these forums need an FAQ section? I apologize if this is a duplicate post but there are a bunch of topics that could be addressed with a FAQ or a sticky post at the top of the appropriate forum. Maybe we could use this topic to come up with a list. Are you with me people? Here is what I have so far:

1. Video cards. I think most of us can agree that, at the moment, the best performing and most trouble free options are the NVIDIA Quadro FX570 and FX1700. Sure there are others that will work but this is what would be recommended to anyone buying a video card for Solidworks at this time.

2. The 3GB switch. There are always questions about this. Sometimes I think it should have its own sub category under performance. Sum it up in a FAQ and forget about it.

3. What do you think of my system? Come up with some minimum recommended system specs:

CPU: At least Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz
RAM: 2GB Minimum
Video card: NVIDIA Quadro FX570 or FX1700

4. Benchmarking Solidworks. What program to use and a link to Anna's punch holder part and spreadsheet.

5. Backwards compatibility. Does not exist for native Solidworks parts! Really, it doesn't. I wish it did too. I am not kidding. This is not Microsoft Word. To open a newer part in an older version of SW you must save in some other format like iges or step and import. Yes you will lose your all of your features.

Outcomes