9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2008 1:00 AM by Anand Ramalingam

Every checkin

Anand Ramalingam
      Hi,

I like to check my revision number when doing every checkin operation with out doing any programming stuff or PDMWE API.

The reason is when user geting old revison files ( eg.1.0) the value getting updated and the overwrighting the wrong (older revision number 1.0) revision to the file property and allow to checkin the file.
        • Every checkin
          Anand Ramalingam
          Hi,

Is there any suggestion?????
            • Every checkin
              Anand Ramalingam
              any solution?
                • Every checkin
                  Anand Ramalingam
                  Is my question is understandable or i would explaini it?
                    • Every checkin
                      Anand Ramalingam
                      answer please
                      • Every checkin
                        Paul McGarr
                        Anand,

I can't answer your question, but I understand your frustration. I don't use PDMWE, so I can't even begin to help you. Your question is hard to understand, but maybe someone that uses PDMWE might be able to make sense of it better than I can. I am guessing that nobody can understand your question because I don't often see a question go unanswered this long.

Your options are limited. Try to call your VAR (who you purchased SolidWorks from), or maybe get the help of an English speaking person when posting your question.

I wish I could be more helpful.
                          • Every checkin
                            Anand Ramalingam
                            Paul,
                            Thank you for your response.

My problem is i am having a SWx drawing file in PDMWE.
                            In that a customproperty called "revision" is present and it is incremented by every work flow like 1.0,2.0 etc... and this incremented job is taken care by PDMWE workflow.

In PDMWE i'm using get version option (1.0/ 5.0) and checkout that file now that file is with 1.0 version and its custom property "Revision" value is 1.0.My intension is i'm taking the old versioned file and doing some changes in the drawing view not taking care of its properties. Then i'm trying to checkin the same file (here problem comes to me) i am checking wrong revision number 1.0 insted of 5.0 to PDMWE (i need a solution here) now after checkin , in the BD and the variable value table to that particular documentid is something like this 1.0,2.0,3.0,4.0,5.0,1.0 then if i change the state for that drawing the revision number gets 6.0... note that workflow change the "Revision" value only on change state not on every checkin.

ihope this is more infermative!!!!!
                              • Every checkin
                                Paul McGarr
                                I can pretty much understand your question now. I think you explained it a little better.

I still can't answer it because I don't know the answer, but I think somebody that knows PDMWE will be able to help now.

I guess you'll have to keep waiting.

• Every checkin
                        Jeff Sweeney
                        I think you are in trouble. Enterprise is not going to have a check to ensure a value in a datacard is logical from previous versions. At best you are going to have to have an Enterprise add-in that will run before the checkin procedure to ensure a user is following your rules.