4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2008 5:13 PM by Jason Corl

Table Templates

Jason Corl
      I've been creating table templates for use with drawings. However every time I go to insert a table and I want one that I created, it takes me to the BOM template folder. Since it is just a General Table is there a separate folder general table templates should go in? Is there a way to change the default from the BOM folder for general tables.

Thanks,
        • Table Templates
          Tony Cantrell
          Tools-Options-File Locations
          • Table Templates
            Matthew Lorono

Jason Corl wrote:

I've been creating table templates for use with drawings. However every time I go to insert a table and I want one that I created, it takes me to the BOM template folder. Since it is just a General Table is there a separate folder general table templates should go in? Is there a way to change the default from the BOM folder for general tables.

Thanks,

Once you specify a particular table for a particular type, that should come up as the default for that type (at least this is how it works for me)
            • Table Templates
              Eddie Cyganik
              Joel,

Unless something has changed in SW09, there is not a specific file location for "General Tables".

What I have done is to create a sub-folder (General) under my BOM folder, that way I can click browse, then the General folder and finally the required table. It's only one extra click so it's not so bad.
              • Table Templates
                Jason Corl
                Hey Eddie,

Not sure who Joel is but its all good.

I'm not sure about 09 either (just got dvd yesterday so I will check soon) but i know 08 doesn't have a particular file location for general tables listed in "file locations". I like your idea though and might try that method to help keep things organized.

thanks for the input guys.

Edit: Matt, I understand what you are saying I was just wondering if there was a way to specify the default folder if it was different from the BOM tables folder. I corrected the issues now by changing the BOM folder name to BOM and General Tables so it makes more sense for users now.