9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2008 4:56 PM by sandeep pawar

duplicate lines

Balint Franko
      Hello,
      I want to use a dxf file for my sketch. After I import, I use it for extrude or cut feature it shows: "Sketch cannot be used for a feature because an endpoint is wrongly shared by multiple entities". Than I have to edit sketch, and delete that duplicate line, showed.
      Problem is, if I have hundreds of this message; have to repeat hundreds of times...
      Is there any way, to find and delete all duplicated lines?

Thanks,
        • duplicate lines
          Andy Fraser
          Hi Bal,

Have you tried the Repair Sketch command?

Tools -> Sketch Tools -> Repair Sketch

Regards,
          Andy.
            • duplicate lines
              Balint Franko
              Hi Andy,
              Yes, I tried.... it doesn't do anything.
                • duplicate lines
                  Andy Fraser
                  What version of Solidworks are you using?

The command is supposed to remove redundant coincident lines. In 2008 it did it silently and appeared to do nothing, in 2009 you get a popup which allows you to solve other problems as well.

If it really isn't doing anything it should be investigated. Could you report it to your VAR and ask them to file an SPR with us?

Thanks,
                  Andy.
                    • duplicate lines
                      Balint Franko
                      I have ver. 2008 SP4.0
                      I select the sketch in the featuremanager, than click on extrude, i receive the error about "...wrongly shared by multiple entities". But there is no option to fix all. I click ok, it highlights 2 lines... only. So I go edit sketch, delete one of the line and done. But I have to repeat it?
                      If I select sketch and click on Repair sketch from Tools... it doesn't show or do anything.
                      Interesting is, if I check the original dxf in autocad, there is NO duplicate lines.
                • duplicate lines
                  Kevin De Smet
                  Are you sure you've selected the Sketch in the FeatureManager before running Repair Sketch? It might also be required to do this while you are not in your sketch.
                  • duplicate lines
                    Kevin De Smet
                    I don't actually see the Repair Sketch do anything either, but when I lay my extrude on after the repair, the extrude stops complaining about multiple entities. Though since you're not seeing any duplicate lines in your DXF that sure is strange - could it be a layer issue?
                      • duplicate lines
                        John Summers
                        Do you have a copy of AutoCAD available (I hate to resort to recommending AutoCAD, but occasionally, it is helpful in situations such as this)?

If so, open the .dxf in AutoCAD and use the Overkill command- it does a good job of cleaning up duplicate lines. Unfortunately, I don't think a similar command is available in SW DWGeditor. I haven't had any success with the Repair Sketch in SW either.
                      • duplicate lines
                        sandeep pawar
                        Repair sketch works for me.