Charles Culp

Sketch Picture bug

Discussion created by Charles Culp on Oct 23, 2008
Latest reply on Jun 17, 2009 by Lenny Bucholz
I just want to make sure I'm not crazy, so I was hoping someone could confirm this behavior, and that it is awkward.

1.) Set all planes to visible.
2.) Create a sketch on the Front plane. Insert a Sketch Picture.
3.) Create a sketch on the Top Plane.

Now, as I was sketching on the top plane, I wanted to make some points that were "visually coincident" with lines in the sketch picture on the front plane. I drew some splines, and I was dragging around the end points. Upon one drag, I missed grabbing the end of the spline, and instead grabbed the "sketch picture". I then apparently drug it onto the top plane.

My gripes with this:
1. I don't like the idea of being able to modify something in a different sketch. It didn't duplicate the sketch picture, it moved it.
2. Now that it is tied to my new sketch, and my new sketch is below my old sketch in the feature manager tree, I cannot "roll back" and copy it into the original sketch again.
3. The undo button did not return it to its original location. <-That one really hurts

Luckly I had saved a couple steps previous, so I could just reload that. Otherwise I would have to reimport the sketch picture, and try to get everything to line up again.

So, does anyone have a solution that works better? Can anyone confirm that this is an issue?

Outcomes