6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2008 2:18 AM by Anand Ramalingam

2007 to 2008

Anand Ramalingam
      How long it will take to upgrade my DB contains 700 GB vault.It is replicated to 3 sites across different location.

Give me some hints to minimise the time..
        • 2007 to 2008
          Anand Ramalingam
          No one is upgraded from 2007 to 2008!!!!!!!!!??????????

I just tried my test server and it has very very minimum data and took me 2 hrs.The upgrade overwriting the Index file(xml) in the archive server this is worrying me ..

I need some suggestions when upgrade 700 GB data
            • 2007 to 2008
              Todd Puckett
              Our vault was about 400 Gb in February when we upgraded from 2007 to 2008 and it took over 12 hrs for the file vault archive to finish upgrading.
              Replicated servers only need the archive server upgrade which is quick and easy.
              We always start our upgrades on Friday night so the system will be available Monday morning. This also gives us time to go back if there is a problem with the upgrade.
              We also ask our VAR to have someone on call in case we need after hours support.

We are scheduled to upgrade this weekend to 2009. Our 500 Gb vault is expected to take 4 -5 hrs for the file vault archive to upgrade.

Have you done anything to reduce the size of your vault(s)? I usually destroy deleted items after 6 months and use cold storage to delete revisions on files that haven't been modified for 3yrs. (this will tie up the system so I would do it after hours)
              Our projects are job based so once the asbuilts are finished and the job is closed the multitude of revisions are not needed. The first time I did a clean up I was able to reduce the size of the vault by over 15%.
                • 2007 to 2008
                  Joy Garon
                  Hi Todd -

I'm curious. Are you using Archive Compression at all? (found in Group Policies - documented in the installation guide)?

Joy
                    • 2007 to 2008
                      Todd Puckett
                      Thanks Joy.
                      We had this enabled on our original archive server, but I forgot to set it up on the new archive server in February. I set it to run tonight so we will see how much the vault changes size.
                      Should I set this on all 4 of our replicated archive servers?
                        • 2007 to 2008
                          Joy Garon
                          Hi Todd -

Actually I made a mistake in my previous post :-) It is documented in the Administration guide...

The compression policy affects all file vault archives stored on the archive server.
                          . The policy is per server. For more than one archive server, for example in a
                          replicated environment, activate compression for each server separately.

Joy