7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2010 11:01 AM by Lenny Bucholz

FUTURE VERSION

Frank Riess
      AFTER UPDATING FROM 2007 TO 2008 AND SP04 GOING TO A SLDPRT WHICH WAS FINE PRIOR I AM GETING THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE "CAN NOT OPEN MY FILE NAME SLDPRT FUTURE VERSION" WHAT IS THIS AND HOW DO I CORRECT IT SO THAT ICAN STILL USE MY SLDPRT?
      THANKS
      FRANK
        • FUTURE VERSION
          Dustin Biber
          This actually sounds different.... Are you trying to open a 2008 file using 2007? If that is the case, see the posts Steven passed your way. But it sounds like you simply upgraded to 2008 and no longer have 2007. You are trying to open a 2007 using 2008. This should function properly. Is my assessment of the situation correct? If so, sorry I don't have a fix. Try to reinstall.
          • FUTURE VERSION
            Sivaraman Murugesan
            Dear Frank;
            Always the lower version can be opened in higher version,Wheresas a higher version we cant open in a lower version.Tats the problem you are facing right.Another one method is there where you can convert all your lower version parts to higher versions,You might be aware I guess.
            • FUTURE VERSION
              Here is a macro you can run that will print out all of the versions of a file. Change the Constant "filePath" to the full name of the problem file. When you run the macro in debug mode, it will tell you all the versions the file was save in.

Const filePath = "full path to file"
              Dim swApp As SldWorks.SldWorks
              Dim swModel As SldWorks.ModelDoc2
              Dim vVerStr As Variant
              Dim i As Long

Set swApp = Application.SldWorks
              vVerStr = swApp.VersionHistory(filePath)
              If Not IsEmpty(vVerStr) Then
              For i = 0 To UBound(vVerStr)
              Debug.Print " " & vVerStr(i)
              Next i
              Else
              Debug.Print " No version information."
              End If

• Re: FUTURE VERSION
                Boris Martens

I installed the Solidworks 2011 beta yesterday and i designed a couple of parts but now i am want to open them and i get an error "Cannot Open .... Future Version".

I also get the error when opening older parts designed in the 2010 version SP4.

Thanks in advance

Boris

edit : the problem did resolved itself very strange!?

the next morning i could open all my data

the only thing left is i can not open part,assemblys in photoview 360.

• Re: FUTURE VERSION
                    Lenny Bucholz

Boris Martens wrote:

I installed the Solidworks 2011 beta yesterday and i designed a couple of parts but now i am want to open them and i get an error "Cannot Open .... Future Version".

I also get the error when opening older parts designed in the 2010 version SP4.

Thanks in advance

Boris

hopefully you did not convert all your SW files to the beta!!!! if you did you are SOL!