1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 14, 2016 12:06 PM by Cody Kirsch

Keep selected face when editing a Macro Feature using PMP

Cody Kirsch

I have a PMP that I want to use to create a sires of Macro Feature. The first feature of the part will be placed with a corner at the origin and all other features will be placed on a selected face of previous features. Right now everything is working with the face selection and the placing of the temporary body while the PMP is open. However, when the green check mark is selected and the PMP closes, the feature goes to the origin like the first feature and when editing the feature the selected face is no longer selected. I think these are two separate problems as far as the code goes but its retaining the face selection I'm struggling with most.    

• Re: Keep selected face when editing a Macro Feature using PMP
          Cody Kirsch

OK, so sorta figured it out but its more or less a work around.

Since I'm using the selected face's center location elsewhere in the code I put a SelectByID2 line using those xyz coordinates at the end of the function that handles the editing of the feature's definition after the PMP is recreated.

Not the best way I think but it works. Still would like to know the proper way of doing it though if anyone has suggestions.