10 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2016 10:00 AM by Marko Rebec

Macro to release sharp corners

Marko Rebec

Hi guys,

Maybe is something already outhere ready to use. If not I am trying to write a macro (also to learn some API) to clear (release) sharp corners before milling to be able to be milled but still leaving enough space for sharp inserts.I am geting closer to the solution but got stuck on a probably stupid issue.When I draw a PerimeterCircle I get every second one?? I get stuck in the Circle dialog?Find attached printscreens and macro.Another question is how to get the angle of two face edges .

I approcciate any help.

• Re: Macro to release sharp corners
          Deepak Gupta

Why can't you make a library feature for the cut along with cleared corners? You have different sizes in the same library feature and can use as desired.

Marko Rebec

Hi Deepak,

Yes I know that but the story is more complicated.The macro will be used on an nested assemblies with different parts (imported) that have different (also opened) packets to mill.And this should be done before making CAM and it should be as automatic as possible and easy to perform.I am not sure how to manage all that but somewhere I have to begin.I plan to color the needed surfaces and than traversing assembly finding those faces and release corners.Still not know how to check for opened packets?Maybe I did bite a too big jus y lemon but that is how we learn new things.

Thanks for advice anyway.

Deepak Gupta

I'm not sure how you can select the open packets. But even if you want to select the option packets, still you can make use of library feature.

Make one library feature you need for the size. Now drag drop that into the part, select the face and sharp point. pin the property manager and keep selecting the face and sharp corner and it would insert the cut.

For macro, you co do the same. Have the face selected, start the macro and then when you select the sharp corner point, the macro would insert the cut. Not sure how easy it would be to do from assembly or active part.

Marko Rebec

Yes but ~12 and more parts each with 5 or more packets is annoying to select all the packets and points.And yes, if I can not produce a macro I will do this with library feature.But still wondering why I get only two circles and not four.If I go line by line with F8 and manually close the dialog during execution of a macro I get the right result?

Ivana Kolin

I get 4 circles on 4 corners.

Can u check vertexCount value or even better points.Count?