7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2016 12:32 PM by S. Casale

Any EPDM users out There? Default search tool is not searching for an Exact part number

Kolburn Kersten

I am have a hard time understanding EPDM search results and why its not as user friendly as I would like it to be. With that being said, here is my issue:

When I search for a part lets say 123-456 EPDM will search the vault for anything with 123-456 in the name. In some cases I can get up to 100 part numbers in my search result that I will have to go through just to find the one I want. Its almost as if EPDM is ALWAYS searching as a wildcard. I know there are some special characters to use but why should I have to type in special characters every single time I want a part number? That makes no sense to me and is kind of ridiculous. Half the time the special characters still pull random part numbers that aren't even related to what I even searched. There has to be a way where on the main search window (see pic) that search tool can be modified by an admin or something to restrict the default EPDM from always searching a wildcard.

Does anyone know how to fix this?