AnsweredAssumed Answered

Any EPDM users out There? Default search tool is not searching for an Exact part number

Question asked by Kolburn Kersten on Dec 9, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 9, 2016 by S. Casale

I am have a hard time understanding EPDM search results and why its not as user friendly as I would like it to be. With that being said, here is my issue:

When I search for a part lets say 123-456 EPDM will search the vault for anything with 123-456 in the name. In some cases I can get up to 100 part numbers in my search result that I will have to go through just to find the one I want. Its almost as if EPDM is ALWAYS searching as a wildcard. I know there are some special characters to use but why should I have to type in special characters every single time I want a part number? That makes no sense to me and is kind of ridiculous. Half the time the special characters still pull random part numbers that aren't even related to what I even searched. There has to be a way where on the main search window (see pic) that search tool can be modified by an admin or something to restrict the default EPDM from always searching a wildcard.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Attachments

Outcomes