1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 9, 2016 12:44 PM by Scott Ellery

Issue when launching Visualize

Christophe Tournier

Hi every one,

Some times, when i launch Visualize, all my setting are lost. Thus I have to :

- Select the "Solidworks visualize content" folder location.

- Set parameters for all option tab.

I think I find out the cause of this issue.

All my data are located in my NAS, and the network between the workstation and the NAS is made by power line communication. Unfortunately, when I switch on my workstation, I have to wait 3 or 4 min before the access to the LAN works.

- If I login to my session before the access to the LAN is donne, Visualise will lose all my setting. Even if (when I'm already logged in), I start Visualize once access to the LAN is done.

- If I login to my session once the access to the LAN is done, in can start Visualize whenever, I won't have any issues.

Hope this problem can be fixed in a next service pack.

If you need further details, please let me know. 

Christophe

• Re: Issue when launching Visualize
          Scott Ellery

Hi Christophe ,

I'm not really sure this is an issue that needs fixing , when you select a location for all of your Visualize assets that is where the program is going to look.

it makes sense that if that location is unavailable it would prompt you to change that location.

perhaps an enhancement request to let you know that the previous location is unavailable before prompting for a new location?