AnsweredAssumed Answered

using boundary boss

Question asked by Andrew Pierce on Dec 8, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 8, 2016 by Andrew Pierce

I am trying to model an ocarina that I would like to 3D print (see attached part file). Originally I was thinking of using a loft feature, but I do not want the ends to be flat planes. I am now attempting to use the boundary boss/base feature to eliminate the flat ends, but I keep running into errors, undesired geometries, etc. I have tweaked the sketches in both directions several times but I can't seem to get it to work the way I would like. Maybe somebody with more experience with these features could point me in the right direction, suggest a better solution, or let me know if what I am trying  to do is impossible.

At first I was trying to loft both the top and bottom halves as one feature, but thought it may be easier to handle  them separately. that is why only the top is "wire framed" in the model. I would like to create the solid volume defined by the wire frame. It would be even better if I could make it a thin feature to save me cutting out the inside later, but I was having no luck with that.

Thanks

-Andrew

Attachments

Outcomes