4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2016 7:37 AM by Lilian Carillet

Dans un assemblage, comment faire cohabiter différentes occurences d'un même sous assemblage dans des configurations différentes ?

Lilian Carillet

J'ai un assemblage de main robotisée. Les doigts sont des configurations différentes d'un assemblage doigt. J'aimerais dans l'assemblage main avoir autant d'occurrence du sous assemblage doigt que de doigts mais dans des configurations différentes (index, majeur, etc.).

J'ai réglé indépendamment les configurations dans l'assemblage mais malgré la reconstruction, ils restent désespérément dans la même configuration (je n'ai que des index ou que des majeurs ou...).

• Re: Dans un assemblage, comment faire cohabiter différentes occurences d'un même sous assemblage dans des configurations différentes ?
          Dan Pihlaja

Well, I don't speak French, but I used Google Translate and I think I understand what you are asking:

Here is your text as translated by Google Translate:

In an assembly, how to cohabit different occurrences of the same subassembly in different configurations?

I have a robotized hand assembly. The fingers are different configurations of a finger assembly. I would like in the assembly hand have as much occurrence of sub-assembly finger as fingers but in different configurations (index, major, etc.).

I have set independently the configurations in the assembly but despite the reconstruction, they remain desperately in the same configuration (I have only indexes or that of majors or ...).

So, first a few questions:

1) what version of Solidworks are you using?

2) when you open the sub assembly separately, do each of the configurations that you have for the finger look correct?

3) are you editing (in context) the sub assembly in the main assembly?

4) if 2 is true and 3 is false, then you should be able to do something like this:  ( I am using SW 2015, so bear with me if you are using something different)

You should be able to select the sub assembly inside your main assembly and swap configurations on the fly.

If you are using something older than SW 2015, then you should be able to do the same thing by RMB on the sub assembly while in the main assembly and selecting "properties"

Then selecting the correct configuration for each of the finger sub assemblies.

Edit:

OR, you can do the following:

RMB on the sub assembly inside the main assembly and select "Configure Component"

Then, in the table that appears, you can select configurations for the sub assembly to appear in the main assembly configurations

• Re: Dans un assemblage, comment faire cohabiter différentes occurences d'un même sous assemblage dans des configurations différentes ?
              Lilian Carillet

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your answer, the translation is right.

I'm working on SW2016.

Here is my sub assembly :

The sketch is driving this assembly and it might be part of my issues...

Here is another finger (another configuration of the same sub assembly) :

Configurations are working perfectly.

In the hand assembly :

As you can see, the different occurences are configured, the sketches are different but the parts have not been changed/rebuilt properly.

Here is the configurations table :

I don't know what to do...

Dan Pihlaja

OK, I think that I know what the problem is:

I assume that your sketch that drives the finger assembly is IN the finger assembly.  And that sketch drives the length of the fingertip part.  Correct?

Therefore, when you bring up just the finger assembly and adjust the configuration, the parts change length like they are supposed to.

But, when you add more than one finger assembly to the hand assembly, you have the problem of all the sub assemblies being the same.

Here is the deal (I think):  I am guessing that you only have 1 configuration of the fingertip.  That is your problem.

In the hand assembly, when you activate the different configurations of the finger assembly, it is actually affecting the part level of the fingertip, and since all the finger assembly configurations are referencing the same configuration of the fingertip, it updates all of them.   You are going to have to create differing configurations for the fingertip part, then add them to the finger assembly.  This should solve your problem.

Although, now that I think of it, I think that it will create a new problem.

Instead, you may want to change the finger assembly to make the sketch only drive the angles between the components rather than the length of the components, then add configurations for the fingertip parts (and any other parts that are modified) and reference those.

Either that, or you are going to have to create different parts for each of the finger assemblies that are being modified as you switch configurations.

Does this make sense?

Lilian Carillet

Hi Dan,

Everything you said is right. It really helped me to find a solution :

- even if it seems to be useless, I created different configurations of the fingertips.

- Thus, each configuration of the finger assembly calls the appropriate configuration of each fingertip.

I didn't achieve that works but it seems to be good.

Thank you so much for your help, I wouldn't have found it alone.