15 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2016 10:01 AM by Dave Bear

MORE HELP NEEDED Flexible assembly works fine on it's own but not when inserted into another assembly

Dave Bear

Hi guys,

This is an ongoing problem that I'm trying to get to the bottom of. I'll be up front and tell you that it is the dying breath of a thread Can someone help me resolve this issue........ with which Thomas Voetmann was kindly helping me. That post has got a bit long winded and is dying so and I still need answers as to why my flexible spring assembly works as it should as it's own entity but when inserted into the cylinder head assembly (and made flexible) it doesn't react after rebuild.

Please find parts and assemblies attached in the zip file. The cylinder head has just one flexible spring mated to it at this stage just as an example so that you can see the issue. The idea is (from previous post) to create 24 (it's a V12 twin valve head) individual Valve Spring Assemblies so that there are no references at all between any of them and they all act independently when the valve 'cam-mate' (camshaft) mates are done. I am desperate to move forward with this engine build. Surely there is a simple answer to this that I'm just not aware of.

Kind regards,

Dave.