9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2018 7:06 AM by Bruno Cantarelli

Crashing when Rendering 2017

Adrian Cannon

Hello can anybody tell me please what files i need to exclude from Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10, I have done Sldworks.exe, also the main folder in C: program files and Solidworks data.

Solidworks is very slow to start when it is checking registry at launch and crashes when rendering,it was fine in 2016 this is only in 2017 if you turn off Kaspersky this isn't a problem, start up is quick and no crashing.

• Re: Crashing when Rendering 2017
          Julian Kirschenbauer

Hello, searching for a solution I recently read this post. We experience the exactly same problem in our environment. We have installed SolidWorks 2017 SP2 and Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10. Each startup of SolidWorks takes a long time (up to 4 minutes) and pauses at the loading registry screen. When starting a rendering process SolidWorks freezes. Unfortunately there is nothing to find in the Kaspersky logs. Also excluded Sldworks.exe, the program folder and SolidWorks data from scanning in Kaspersky settings but no success.

Is there any solution on that or did you find something out so far, Adrian?

Thanks for any help.

Maris Eiduks

Hi,
              there is a slow start problem with 2017 SP2 on machines with Kaspersky (S-072608 and SPR# 990482), but nowhere is written, that problem is with Photoview too.
              Could you try this solution for photoview:

To reset the preview window, browse to %appdata%\luxology and delete or rename the *.CFG files found in that folder. Restart SolidWorks and PhotoView360 afterwards to test the change.
              One customer of mine, downgraded back to 2017Sp1, where he had no problem with slow start and photoview crashing, we didn't manage to try out this solution.

Joseph Roddis

Hello!

I have been having the same problem. Running Solidworks Premium 2017 SP03 on a Windows 10 laptop. My company has Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows. I had been unable to render anything, when I attempted to do it Solidworks would just freeze hang for 10 minutes and then either crash or resume working without doing any kind of render. I contacted my reseller and they indicated that it could be a problem with the anti-virus.

So I disabled almost everything in the anti-virus and eventually got Solidworks to render and start up faster. The combination of settings disabled in Kaspersky are as follows:

Within "Mail Anti-Virus" go into settings and untick "POP3/SMTP/NNTP/IMAP Traffic"

Disable "Web Anti-Virus"

Disable "Web Control"

I hope this helps!

Toncho Tonchev

Hi Joseph,

I would say that such settings are more than not reasonable and are not recommended.

The issue is already known and registered as S-072608 and SPR# 990482 in the Knowledge Base.

I also have the same issue. Something I've tested and it works for me is what I am suggesting to you at this point until the problem is solved is to disconnect your internet connection before using SOLIDWORKS (so the problem is bypassed and you will not wait to start SOLIDWORKS for so long). I'll keep you posted if I find something more.

P.S. SOLIDWORKS starts for 88 seconds before and 6 seconds after disconnecting the network. I recommend this only for a temporary solution.

Regards,

Toncho

Mark Twomey

Adding the following SolidWorks 2017 application executable's to the 'trusted applications' list in Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 seems to have resolved the issue with the very slow opening times for SW 2017 SP3 and SW Electrical 2017 SP3, I added in SW Visualize executable also.

"C:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS Corp\SOLIDWORKS\SLDWORKS.exe"

"C:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS Corp\SOLIDWORKS Electrical\bin\SOLIDWORKSElectrical.exe"

"C:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS Corp\SOLIDWORKS Visualize\SLDWORKSVisualize.exe"

Kaspersky-Solidworks-TrustedApplicationSettings.png

Ict Support

We have just spent the past week investigating this with the help of Kaspersky and have been given the following list of applications to exclude. This solved our issues for startup time and rendering as well.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager\BackgroundDownloading\sldBgDwld.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SolidWorks Shared\Service\SolidWorksLicensing.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\SolidWorks Shared\Simulation Worker Agent\hydra_service.exe

C:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS Corp\SOLIDWORKS Visualize\SLDWORKSVisualize.exe

C:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS Corp\SOLIDWORKS Visualize\SWVisualize.Queue.Server.exe

C:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS Corp\SOLIDWORKS\SLDWORKS.exe

C:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS Corp\SOLIDWORKS\photoview\photoview360.exe

C:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS Corp\SOLIDWORKS\sldworks_fs.exe

C:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS Corp\SOLIDWORKS\swScheduler\DTSCoordinatorService.exe