Zodiac is the leading provider of premium, innovative pool and spa products and is committed to designing and producing the most energy efficient, earth-friendly pool products and systems available. We strive to create the perfect pool experience and designs and produces the equipment that makes the pool work.
Zodiac is going through a major strategy shift with a focus on Smart Pool Products, from physical pool equipment to connected, smart equipment, we are simplifying pool ownership for our customers and enabling our service technician partners.
We currently have a full time opening for a Mechanical Engineer III – Gas/Heat in our Vista, California headquarters.
The Mechanical Engineer III will work on challenging, innovative projects with a small team in a fast-paced environment. This position will primarily focus on the design and engineering of pool and spa-heating equipment, but may be asked to take on other projects within supported by the team. Engineers at Zodiac have the opportunity to lead projects and have access to 3D printers and an advanced test lab for prototyping and testing.
The ideal candidate for this position is a hard-working individual that is team-oriented, but also excels when working independently. Should have proven experience with product design and be able to multitask and adapt to changes in a fast-paced workplace. We are looking for an engineer with an innovative mind and superb problem-solving abilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research and specify components for heating systems developing high performance and agency compliant products.
- Analyze part designs using sound engineering principles, FEA software and the utilization of in-house prototyping methods.
- Participate in product development programs as the team’s engineer, meeting project goals and deadlines.
- Work with suppliers to ensure project goals are met and to resolve any engineering issues that arise.
- Oversee activities of testing personnel and designers to meet project goals.
- Develop and document test plans and Engineering Changes.
- Effective and proactive written and verbal communication of the status, timeline or problems.
- Work with personnel in marketing, supply chain or manufacturing in order to solve problems and determine marketing needs.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering.
- 7+ years of mechanical engineering experience focusing on new product development of appliances, systems or mechanical products.
- Proficient mechanical design skills using SolidWorks CAD software.
- Extensive knowledge of various types of metals or plastics and their use in product designs.
- Ability to work effectively independently, as a project leader and as a team member.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional problem solving skills and ability to perform root cause analysis and identify a solution.
- Proven track record of accomplished projects with increasing responsibilities.
- Experience with pumps, motors, pressure vessels, fluid flow, heat transfer or combustion
- General knowledge and experience with pool equipment systems and the interaction between products.
- Experience with PDM (product data management) systems.
- Strong knowledge of various metal tooling and fabrication methods.
- Experience with Certification and Compliance requirements around gas fired appliances and/or pool heaters.
- Knowledge of ASTM, NSF and other standards relative to general mechanical engineering
- Willing and experienced in travelling domestically as needed.
If you meet the requirements above and would like to apply for this position, please visit http://www.zodiac.com/en/united-states/company/careers
Zodiac Pools is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and dedicated to a diverse work force. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.