4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2016 4:13 PM by James Imes

Feature Tree & PDM Object Status wont stay in synch

James Imes

T3620 machine w/ M2200 Quadro card,  SW2014 & ePDM,  Feature Tree on L/H side will not stay in synch w/ PDM flyout window on R/H side. Always was in synch w/ older T3500 & K5000 Quadro card.

Is Video Card related ?? appears maybe & only looses synch when have 500 part machine package open & working a 50-60 part sub-assy while both are opened.

Are there any setting internal of SolidWorks or PDM that would help ??  Have already set nVidia control panel to SolidWorks but many more settings than time to play with them all.

Would appreciate input, Thanks to all in advance !!

• Re: Feature Tree & PDM Object Status wont stay in synch
          Solid Air

What version of SolidWorks are you using.  In SW2016, the PDM menu accessed from the FeatureManagerTree does not work correctly; it marks all options to be available when they are actually not.

James Imes

Running SolidWorks 2014 w/ ePDM. Used to be when I clicked a part in feature tree on L/H side, it jumped to the same part in PDM flyout on R/H side so always in synch & it didn't matter how large of assy I had opened or what level the sub-assy was at (2-3 levels down)

Now w/ new machine & video card, they don't synch so I have to chase down thru the levels to find the sub-assy or part I clicked in the feature tree.

Irritating to say the least as I have to find the part twice to see what version or state is & its named or not.

Thanks for taking time !!

Solid Air

Oops, missed in your original post that you were using SW2014; unfortunately I no longer have access to SW2014 that is connected to EPDM.  In SW2016 when I click on a component in the feature manager tree, the same component highlights in the PDM tab of the task pane; which I think is what you are referring to.

I am not a hardware expert but I believe the M2200 is made for a laptop.  Our T3620s have the K2200 in them.  Does SolidWorks tell you the correct video driver is installed?

More drastic would be to wipe your SolidWorks registry but I do not want to go down that road right now.

Sorry I could not help you.