4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2016 10:14 PM by Pin Lv

How to add a new server when changed  the Server PC Name?

Pin Lv

As the title,I have changed the PC name.My question is: how I can add a new server with the new pc name?

When I add a new server with the PDM Administrator Management ,there is a window as below.

The information is:Please input a valid username for the source.But I don't know the username.

I try to reinstall PDM,but it can't work。

登陆界面.png

• Re: How to add a new server when changed  the Server PC Name?
          Paul Wyndham

To modify the local view on a machine to point to the new servers you can create a script using the following lines. This could be a .cmd or .bat file. This would only be for use on machines that already have a local view setup on them that was working before the server name change.

To change the name of the Data server use these lines:

• REG.EXE ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SolidWorks\Applications\PDMWorks Enterprise\Databases\VaultName" /v "DbServer" /t REG_SZ /D "DataServerName" /f
          • REG.EXE ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SolidWorks\Applications\PDMWorks Enterprise\Databases\VaultName" /v "DbServer" /t REG_SZ /D "DataServerName" /f
          • REG.EXE ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Solidworks\Applications\PDMWorks Enterprise\ConisioAdmin\Servers\ArchiveServerName\FileVaults\VaultName" /v "DbServer" /t REG_SZ /D "DataServerName" /f

To change the name of the Archive server use these lines:

• REG.EXE ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SolidWorks\Applications\PDMWorks Enterprise\Databases\VaultName" /v "ServerLoc" /t REG_SZ /D "ArchiveServerName" /f
          • REG.EXE ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SolidWorks\Applications\PDMWorks Enterprise\Databases\VaultName" /v "ServerLoc" /t REG_SZ /D "ArchiveServerName" /f

Make sure you change the "DataServerName", "ArchiveServerName" and "VaultName" values to match your environment.

Usually the information you would put in the dialog you show above would be a domain user account that has access to the server. I think if you see that screen it means that the account you logged into the computer with does not have the appropriate access to the server. You might have to get someone from IT to put in their user ID or get them to give you remote access to the server.

Richard Bremmer

Read the last chapter of the PDM installation guide:

Administration Guides | SOLIDWORKS

It's probably available in your language. Changing a server name isn't as simple as you currently think. Altough it is not impossible, I would rename it back.

Faur Arama

In this interface you must use a user name that has the right permissions on the server where the pdm reside. Like an domain administrator or a user that belongs to admin group on pdm server.

Pin Lv

Dear all,thank you very much!

I uninstalled PDM and cleaned the registry once more,then installed again。Now,all is OK。