Saltworks Technologies Inc. (http://www.saltworkstech.com) is a BC-based innovative clean technology company. We develop and build breakthrough low energy desalination and water treatment technologies that treat the world's most challenging salt waters. Many desalt seawater, which we can do, but we specialize in desalting very salty waters from industry, and one in space. Our customers include NASA, the Navy, oil & gas, mining, and other industrial companies. We help them clean their water, use less energy, and save money. We offer an exciting and rewarding work environment to talented, professional, and hardworking individuals. Our team has over fifty patents. We design and build highly innovative products and travel internationally to commission and test them.
We are looking for an early career Manufacturing Engineer or Technologist to join our team. You will be coached and mentored by experienced and Professional Engineers. You will be designing products, supporting their manufacturing, and helping to ensure customer needs are met. The design may include a 3D design of custom components, bill of materials development, interfacing with supply chain, production and management teams to instill lean principles coupled with production risk management. We like designers who also think about manufacturing, efficiency, and longevity.
If you are a talented recent graduate with 0 to 5 years of experience who has a desire to work hard to build a bright future, we want to hear from you! This position could include travel to our sub-contract manufacturers or field customer locations.
You will be a great fit if you have:
- Relevant Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Working knowledge of Solidworks and AutoCAD
- Interest in expanding your design skills
- Mechanical and technical problem-solving abilities
- Organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to build logical work packages and implement sound design and production practices (minimization of parts, risk, lean, quality control, etc.)
- Ability to maintain high quality of work and willingness to learn and grow quality assurance functions
- A team player who works well under pressure and is always ready to roll up your sleeves and pitch in as required
- Mandarin language skills would be an asset but not essential
- Competitive compensation package including benefits
- Great work environment with high emphasis on innovation and teamwork
- Training, development and career growth opportunities for top performers
If you would like to spend your days working with a globally recognized team of smart, committed people who are solving a big problem, please email your resume and your academic transcript to careers @saltworkstech.com. Please state the “Manufacturing Engineer / Technologist ” in the subject line. Cover letters are not required, but we welcome any text on your past experiences, including team sports or hobbies, as well as pictures of projects you have built that may help you excel in this position.
By the way, here’s a video of a recent machine that our team built: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gmipQZwJZM
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications are considered confidential.