AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to Verify "Merged" Sketch Relations

Question asked by John Willett on Nov 23, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 26, 2016 by John Willett

Ignorant questions:  I have occasionally seen the explicit option to "Merge" two or more points when adding relations (though I can't seem to replicate this now).  This apparently happens automatically with points (or ends of lines) that are automatically "merged," e.g., when drawing a broken line or a rectangle, and perhaps in other situations where relations are added.  Such "merged" points apparently are not so indicated in "Display/Delete Relations," perhaps because there are no longer separate points.  I like to be able to see all the relations in a sketch, so my questions are:

1) How can one unambiguously see whether points (or ends of lines) have been merged, or whether more relations (e.g., coincidences) are needed?

2) Is it better, from the point of view of future editing, to create explicit relations (e.g., coincident) between separate points (or ends of lines) or to allow them to be automatically "merged?"

I told you they are ignorant questions, but I would surely like to get some clarity. -- John Willett

Outcomes