0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2016 3:47 PM by Jason Smith

Multi-body part custom properties getting switched/missing

Jason Smith

currently running solidworks 2016, I have a frustrating issue I need resolved ASAP, see below description of the issue.

I work frequently with multi-body parts - example to make one of my parts we start with a forging part level, then a semi-finish part level and finally a finish part level. each of these levels is its own standalone model/part # I am not using configurations.

• Part 01 - forging -I model it then , I insert custom properties such as Part #, Description, Material
      • for Part 02 - semi-finish I insert Part 01 to start with only bringing in the solidbody. Then model in the features. I insert custom properties such as Part #, Description, Material
      • for Part 03 - Finish , I insert Part 02 to start with only bringing in the solidbody. Then model in the features. I insert custom properties such as Part #, Description, Material

now when I go to make the drawing for any of these parts it automatically pulls in the Part#, description and material just the way I want it. I save everything and close out of solidworks.

now I go back in and open up part 01, part 02 and part 03 all at the same time so everything is being edited in context with other linked bodys. I open up Part 02 or 03 custom properties and I now notice that the original information I entered into the properties tab is not correct..... it will be mixed up. Part 03 may have part 02 information in it and part 02 may have 01 data in it, Or some data such as part number or material may be missing all together?  What am I doing wrong here? I need this issue resolved as soon as possible. Thanks