3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2018 11:03 PM by Mark Soldan

Two big functional defects of property tab builder with EXCEL files

李 加 贤 李 加 贤

I meet two big functional defects of property tab builder with EXCEL files:

1. It will have a long time response (may be 4~8 seconds) When i click on surface of a part in an assembly, because i use the EXCEL spreadsheet assigning child values of property. It is a very tedious experience for the delay, why SOLIDWORKS don't optimize it?
      2. When i move the .prtprp and .xls files to a new PC location, such as from my PC's disk D: to another PC's disk E:, then i open the .prtprp file in property tab builder, it appear a lot of error message boxs, all excel location data in .prtprp files are missing.

---The " Excel File path" variable use a absolute path in tab builder. Why SOLIDWORKS don't use relative path for it?

---I have 15 properties use EXCEL spreadsheet in .prtprp file, does it means i need to set EXCEL files again when i move the files to another PC everytime?

PIC_19_002.png

(when i move the .prtprp and .xls files to a now location, all excel location data in .prtprp files are missing)

PIC_19_001.png

Do you have this problem, how to resolve it?