AnsweredAssumed Answered

Assembly - patterned parts configuration - default setting

Question asked by Patrick Couture on Nov 17, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 10, 2017 by Kelvin Lamport

Hi! First off I'm sorry if I'm not using the proper SolidWorks terms, I did my own translation from french.

I'm using my own fasteners library where I have a bolt modeled and many configurations for different lengths. In my assembly many of those fasteners are patterned. I'm not sure when the options was added to SolidWorks but at least since SW2014 I'm able to have differing lengths in the same pattern. For example, if I have a pattern of 8 bolts of 2'' lenght and I want to select one of the instances and use the configuration of 3'' of lenght, I can do it. It can be useful but I don't use it much. My problem is that by default it's always set to use a defined configuration (The active one used for the pattern) so instead of using the same as the original component for the pattern. What happens is when I need to change the original configuration to, let's say 1.5'' length, the other instances in the pattern stay at 2'' until I select them all and change the options in the properties to use the same as the original.

Is there a way to change the default settings to be set as "Use same configuration as the original component" instead of the opposite?

Thanks for your time.

Patrick

Outcomes