AnsweredAssumed Answered

2016 slow compared to 2014

Question asked by John Wayman on Nov 17, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 17, 2016 by Phillip Johnston

Well, we finally moved from 2014, SP5, which we all thought was really unstable and prone to crash, to 2016, SP5.

The answer to all our prayers?

No.

It seems pretty well just as prone to crashes (4 or 5 times yesterday for me, mostly during drawing creation, often when dragging a dimension), whilst having more 'lag' when a command is clicked.

The general impression, gleaned by the 5 of us, after a couple of weeks' use, is that it is no more stable than 2014, whilst being slightly slower to use.

We are using the Classic colour scheme and there have been no complaints regarding the colours.

I have received a number of observations regarding cases of additional clicks being required for frequent operations, such as digging out 'Hide All Types', which is one level lower down the menu structure in 2016 than it was in 2014.

Does this ring true with other people's experiences with 2016?

If not, I will pursue performance, perhaps by removing all traces of SW and re-installing.

Some of our machines were 'upgraded' to 2016, whilst others were treated to a fresh installation of 2016 alongside 2014. One was uninstalled and re-installed.

The machines range from 5 years old, through 2 years old to 3 months old. All are compliant with the SW hardware requirements, and have decent graphics cards.

All the users seem to be reporting similar results.

I'm interested in the experience of others, so that I can assess whether to get our VAR involved in a quest for stability and speed.

SW2016, SP5,

WPDM

Outcomes