14 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2018 1:11 PM by Randy Neumann

3DConnexion CadMouse

Deepak Gupta

Just wanted to post a shout out to 3DConnexion team.

With my 3DConnexion CadMouse gone nonfunctional, I almost lost the game but thanks to Andy Parnell-Hopkinson and 3DConnexion team for getting me back on track with the replacement CadMouse in no time

CadMouse.jpg

• Re: 3DConnexion CadMouse
          Jack Blake

What's the benefit to the mouse? I know it has the extra middle click button but unless you're like using AutoCAD 2D all day just having that functionality doesn't sound worth changing my Logitech Performance MX for especially when I have the Space navigator for 3D manipulation.

+1 for 3DConnexion though the fit and finish of their products is second to none!

Jim Steinmeyer

Love my Space Navigator! 3D Connexion provides great products.

Dan Pihlaja

OK, just got my CADmouse in the mail today   I love it!  

My only issue that that most mice are so narrow, that they don't hold my beefy hand very well and it was always a problem for me to use 3 fingers on a 3 button mouse.  So I got used to using the left mouse button and the middle mouse button with my index finger, and then I would use my middle finger for the right mouse button.

Now that I have this mouse, it is really wide and nicely designed for my hand.   And now my middle finger lines up with the middle mouse button nicely.

Now I have to get used to using it the proper way......my fingers tend to fall the old way, and I click button unintentionally.....still getting used to it!!

Todd Blacksher

You will be surprised at how quickly you will get to the "Can't live without" phase.

Quick sidenote - the button for gestures on top of the mouse can be customized for ANY program!

I was doing some extremely repetitive stuff with Windows Explorer, so I just set up the gestures with the mouse.

I have two of them (one at work, one at home) - Yet, I still want to get the new cordless kit that comes with both mouse & 3DController.

3Dconnexion - Space Mouse Wireless Kit

Dan Pihlaja

I bought wired version of the CADmouse, since I don't have a laptop.

That and I read that the wireless version was smaller and I hate a small mouse.   I want one that my whole hand can rest on.

All this stemmed from the fact that on my old mouse, the mouse wheel was acting strangely, so I requested that they buy me the CAD mouse.  They wouldn't and handed me a little wired mouse made for people who browse the internet all day or whatever it is most people who aren't designers do with computers.  I instantly hated it because it was a lot smaller than my old mouse and my arm started hurting within about 2 hours from using it.

So I broke down and bought the CAD mouse myself.

By the way, I also LOVE that it is so responsive.  It moves so smoothly, I have never experienced that before.

Jim Steinmeyer

Dan Pihlaja wrote:

My only issue that that most mice are so narrow, that they don't hold my beefy hand very well and it was always a problem for me to use 3 fingers on a 3 button mouse. So I got used to using the left mouse button and the middle mouse button with my index finger, and then I would use my middle finger for the right mouse button.

I have always just used one finger for all functions. I'm slow.

Brian Hoerner

Deepak...et ALL,

I purchased and have been using the wireless version of the CAD Mouse for the last couple of weeks (yeh, I get that this is an old post, but, so am I  ) .

One issue I have found that I don't like, is that if I open a 2nd separate session of SoldWorks, the customization of the buttons do not work in that 2nd session, although they still work in the first.  For example, I changed the zoom buttons on the side to the space bar and the shortcut menu, which now do nothing...

Anyone have any thoughts or have you seen this?

TIA,

Brian

Chad Huleatt

Love the cadmouse, most comfortable mouse I've ever used.

I have the wireless version. Although it is smaller, it's big enough for me, and I don't like a lot of cables cluttering my desk.