2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2016 11:40 PM by Michael Sparling

SOLIDWORKS Benchmark test issue.

Michael Sparling

The Benchmark test says Reboot first and don’t use the computer during test.  Leave your computer unattended during test. I see a lot of people asking for feedback on this issue.  I see that a lot of people look at the post but no one answers.  I have seen crash issues in 2015, 2016 and now 2017 on 4 different computers.

WHEN the SOLIDWORKS crashed twice during the Benchmark test all the results are corrupted in a number of ways.

1. Time is adding to the test if the user is has left the computer unattended and a crash goes unbeknownst. 
      2. The crash requires the user to use the computer during the test just to continue the test. 
      3. The required restart of the software must also add time to the test.

There are questions one must ask about the Benchmark test that the test does not answer. 

1. What applications (TSR's) are running at the start of the test and would SOLIDWORKS recommend the user shut off.
      2. What part of the Benchmark test did SOLIDWORKS crash and why?
        1. Can any lesson be learned and corrected so the test can be run again?
      3. What suggestions would SolidWorks make to help the user continue to improve performance?

The SOLIDWORKS Benchmark test is not real helpful without feedback. 

What are we missing?