5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2018 12:34 PM by S. Casale

Enovia who's used it?

S. Casale

Enovia who's used it?

• Re: Enovia who's used it?
          Jon Dawe

Have been using the Enovia based "SW 3D Experience - Conceptual Designer" for the past month or so and absolutely hate it so far.

Filled with bugs and crashes, network errors and update lags. User interface is a nightmare. Good luck trying to find and or organize your files or "products".

Other than that it's great.

jdmech

S. Casale

Interesting.

Thanks!

I've used Enovia with NX (customized up the wazooo), there were major problems, besides the network issues and the fact that Enovia wasn't designed to work with NX.

Otherwise, I thought Enovia had a lot - a lot of potential.

Joe Kidd

Thanks for posting this Scott. We are about to make a decision to move to Enovia and use their SolidWorks Connector (Designer Central) or keep our Enterprise PDM and have the VAR configure some limited connection to it. I'm very concerned on how SolidWorks will perform when using Designer Central. I'd like to know how many companies are actually using it as well.

Adam Sherman

I've been trying to use it for the past several months.  We migrated over our document control system which was effectively an electronic paper based PDF + MS SharePoint and has now gone fully to Enovia for archive, revision control and approval management etc.   I've more recently been using it for the CAD SLDPRT & SLDDRW vaulting.    I am not sure if it is the core program or the business unit configuration that we received but it is the most cumbersome buggy piece of junk software I have ever used in my life.  I have used Pro-Intralink and Agile before but this Enovia garbage boggles my mind.  I will chase various errors, crashes, kill-Enovia.bat files, re-boots and so on just trying to get a few files into the vault. Seriously hours to days for say a dozen files.   I dread every moment using it.  It is non-intuitive, slow and completely frustrating.  I believe it offers more robust PLM style functionality that is probably lacking in more basic PDM but Workgroup PDM for vaulting was an absolute dream compared to using this buggy Enovia discharge.   I am not alone at our facility as far as my impression.  Our productivity has been seriously diminished by its implementation at our facility. 

I have a long list of foul language I would love to use but let's keep this post family friendly.  I am sure there is good software out there for PLM.  Enovia is not it.

S. Casale

My experience is that of it being used with NX and that wasn't good either.

I think in theory the software would be amazing. But, my observation was that it was awfully buggy and clearly written by a varying array of programmers with very different understanding of the final result and/or intended use. Junk is agreed.