For additional information: Job Listings - WillowWood Jobs
Ohio Willow Wood Company
Position Title: Engineering Assistant/CAD Operator Date 09/22/16
Department: New Product Development
Pay Grade: NE3
Working with engineers and technicians, this position will be responsible for maintaining all documents related to products and processes. They will also work closely with the quality and production departments to make sure all appropriate people have access to documents. This includes creation, revision, maintenance, and filing of component and assembly drawings; revision, maintenance, and filing of work instructions; working within and developing improvements to our engineering change order (ECO) system; and creating, revising, and maintaining all raw material specification documents.
- Work with Engineering, Manufacturing, & Purchasing to provide documentation as needed.
- Use CMM to validate incoming parts per WW QC standards.
- Create, revise, and finalize drawings in Solid Works
- Update & maintain all drawings & documents associated with Engineering Change Orders (ECO)
- Format, revise, and maintain raw material specifications (RMS)
- Revise & maintain production instructions
- Complete all change order and other document updates in a timely and efficient manner.
- Organize and maintain all documents and files in a centralized, easily searchable location.
- Support engineers and engineering technicians as needed.
- Support quality efforts by assisting and maintaining documents to achieve and maintain ISO 13485 certification.
- Maintain documents using SolidWorks PDM system.
Essential Skills Required:
- Minimum 2 year degree in drafting or engineering. Applicable experience may be substituted for educational requirements at a 2:1 ratio
- One to three years of demonstrated skills in CAD packages such as Solid Works, Pro-E, Solid Edge, or AutoCAD.
- Experience using and or administrating SolidWorks or other PDM Systems is a plus.
- Must be able to quickly attain the ability to create a Solid Work drawing from a sketch or model.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite particularly Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to stay focused on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with confidential information & documents.
- Familiarity with machined and molded part design and processing is a plus.
- Previous manufacturing experience is a plus.
Physical Demands of the Job: The minimum physical requirements needed to perform this job include:
- Ability to stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl under 1/3 of the time.
- Ability to walk from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
- Sit over 2/3 of the time
- Ability to talk and hear on a regular basis
- Ability to lift 10 pounds over 2/3 of the time, 25 lbs. 1/3 to 2/3 of the time, 50 to 100 lbs. under 1/3 of the time.
- Vision ability including both close and distance vision while being able to distinguish colors and bring them into focus. Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision), ability to judge distances and spatial relations. Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), and the ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
Work Environment: Exposure to the following environmental conditions may apply.
- Working near moving mechanical parts over 2/3 of the time
- Working around moderate noises (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic).
The preceding job description documents the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Consequently, job incumbents may be asked to perform other duties as required.