4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2016 11:28 AM by Evan Murray

View Selector Corner ISO Views Skewed

Evan Murray

Does anyone else notice that the corner views other than the standard ISO are not the same as the preview and don't align with the box?

I cant imagine this is intended, why have a preview if its not the view I'm going to see.

2016-11-01 10_18_12.png

2016-11-01 10_00_17.png

• Re: View Selector Corner ISO Views Skewed
          Deepak Gupta

Works fine for me. Can you attach this file (along with all associated parts) to check as this could be file related too?

If not then report to your SOLIDWORKS Reseller (VAR) to investigate.

Evan Murray

It does it on all files for me, playing with it some more it seems to be a dimetric view.

Being that it happens on all files consistently i assumed it wasn't an isolated case.

Deepak Gupta

What you are getting is correct, the view selector won't show you preview based on what your current orientation is but will show you orientation based on where you selected on the view selector. For e.g., if your current view is any non standard orientation and the you hover over ISO corner of the view selector, then you would see the isometric view in the preview.

Jim, can you check and correct my statement? Thanks

Evan Murray

I played with it some more and if I select isometric in the drop down from your first screen shot then I can get iso views from the selector.

The peculiar part is when I select the dimetric option and start changing views using the view selector, it will give me the dimetric for each corner except the "main one" and it switches back to iso on that corner.  And then there is the fact that is shows only iso views in the preview window whether you have dimetric or trimetric selected.

Thank you I will make sure to select Iso in the drop down, that seems to solve my problem.