AnsweredAssumed Answered

What is the easiest and quickest way of creating individual parts from a Multibody part, that would also allow adding extra parts at a later date.

Question asked by Martin Brown on Nov 2, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 9, 2016 by Martin Brown

Hi Folks,

I have previous used the "Insert into New part" manual way of making parts, which for the majority of the time has worked fine, but is just too slow.
Yesterday I tried using Save bodies, which is much quicker and appeared to be fine, but is still a hassle as it creates a "Save Bodies" Feature in the Feature Tree.

I keep dragging the "Save Bodies" feature down to the bottom of the tree when I add new parts then save the bodies again. Previously I have saved All the previous bodies I wanted plus the new bodies. However, I decided just to save the new bodies this time and it knackered up my assembly with all the parts disappearing and turning red.

What's the best way of working with Multibody parts and splitting them out? (Also, what is the different between a Part and Split Part)

I am working on Forestry equipment, grabs, grapples etc so Multibody is the way to go as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks,
Martin

Outcomes