3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2016 1:15 PM by Michael Dekoning

PDM Variable Mapping Checkboxes

Rachel Mashburn

I am starting from scratch with our ECN process in PDM. I've been floundering through, but I think I have most of it figured out. Is there anyway to have multiple checkboxes on the data card that then show up in the Excel ECN form?

• Re: PDM Variable Mapping Checkboxes
          Michael Dekoning

Rachel,

I'm assuming that you know how to add a checkbox in Excel and map Excel variables to PDM properties. Because a checkbox in Excel returns TRUE or FALSE while a PDM data card checkbox expects 0 or 1, you need to map the property to a cell which has a formula to convert this to 0 or 1. For example, if your checkbox linked cell is T31 then you will need to add the formula IF(T31 = FALSE,0,1) in a different cell and that cell is the one you need to use in the Excel Name Manager. We're using Excel 2010 so there may be a slight difference in this.

• Re: PDM Variable Mapping Checkboxes
              Rachel Mashburn

Okay, that makes sense! I hadn't thought of adding a checkbox in Excel, but I have researched that now. I'm pretty confident I can make the data card checkbox show checked/unchecked based off Excel after reading your explanation. I guess I'm trying to go the other way though. I want to be able to right-click in PDM and start a new ECN. Ideally almost all the information will get entered in the template window that pops up and only supporting screenshots need to be added to the Excel sheet. Is there a way for the data card to trigger a TRUE/FALSE or even a 1/0 in Excel?