5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2016 6:59 AM by Matt Cullin

How to plot stress values on a particular face

Matt Cullin

I am looking for a way to plot results on a single surface with an automatically scaled color bar.  This is no problem in Flow Simulation, as you are asked to scope entities for results plots.  I am unsure of how to do this effectively in Simulation.  I have found workarounds using section clipping, splitting parts, and using probes, but none of these gives we what I ultimately want which is a colormap stress plot on a particular face of a part such that the min/max is automatically scaled to the min/max on the face.  I get that I can scale the color bar manually, but it is a real pain. It seems like the type of thing that Simulation developers could easily add.  Is there a place to make suggestions for future releases?

Also, I am aware of the Advanced Option to show results only on selected entities, but I am not sure how to get it to automatically scale the color bar.  If there was a way to feed the probe results (min/max) back into the manual scale min/max, that could work.  Anyone know how to do that?

Thanks,

Matt