6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2016 4:05 PM by Aj Bosma

X/Y location on drawings

Robert Smith

Is there a way to dimension a print with the X/Y location of holes with only one leader? I have a plate with 60 holes with no pattern. I'm trying to make a print and the conventional way takes up to much space. Or what is the best way to solve this problem?

• Re: X/Y location on drawings
          Steven Mills

The table is one way. Another is to use ordinate dimensions.

Though with that many holes, a hole table is probably the best. Especially if the holes are different sizes as well as positions.

Aj Bosma

In addition to a Hole Table....   you could also use this.

Just make sure there is a point in the center of your hole wich you have selected, then run macro.

The macro will add a leader with a XYZ coordinate to your DWG

Edit the macro at this point to customize your output.

Set myNote = Part.InsertNote("Coordinate" & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & _
                        "X = " & CStr(Round(skpt.X * 1000#, 1)) & " mm" & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & _
                        "Y = " & CStr(Round(skpt.Y * 1000#, 1)) & " mm" & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & _
                        "Z = " & CStr(Round(skpt.Z * 1000#, 1)) & " mm")

Next

Robert Smith

The macro would do exactly what I want. The problem is I know nothing about how to build them or change them.  I used yours and would have to change things to make it work for me.

1. don't need the heading Coordinate

2. need it in inch

3. don't want Z =

I went into the editor and can't figure out how to change things.

The problem is I just want to put dim. on a print and not have to learn visual basics.

Thanks for your help.

Aj Bosma

Then i would suggest:

Replace This:

Set myNote = Part.InsertNote("Coordinate" & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & _

"X = " & CStr(Round(skpt.X * 1000#, 1)) & " mm" & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & _

"Y = " & CStr(Round(skpt.Y * 1000#, 1)) & " mm" & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & _

"Z = " & CStr(Round(skpt.Z * 1000#, 1)) & " mm")

With this:

Set myNote = Part.InsertNote _

("X=" & CStr(Round(skpt.X * (1000# / 25.4), 1)) & " inch" & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & _

"Y=" & CStr(Round(skpt.Y * (1000# / 25.4), 1)) & " inch")

The point is, macro's aren't my strongpoint either but they make some tedious work better.

maybe in the future.