2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2016 7:06 PM by Keith King

Checking Drawing Views

Keith King

I am a faculty member working on an Excel VBA grading program for uploaded student files (part, drawing, and assembly) in an introductory SolidWorks course.  I have a series of questions for drawing files that I have not been able to find answers for and would appreciate any help people could offer.  I am not very experienced with VBA or SolidWorks, but have significant programming knowledge.

1) Is there a way to get the specific view type?  Students are to upload drawings with the front, right side, top, and isometric views shown.  Is there a way to determine if these specific views are present or are all of these under the broad "regular" view category?

2)  For a specific view, is there a way to determine if hidden lines are shown?  I have found a way to make them visible or disable, but have not found the ability to check to see if they are turned on/off.

3)  For a specific view, is there a way to determine if tangent edges are shown?  Again, I found a way to turn them off and on, but no way to check to see the status.

4)  Is there a way to compile the number of dimensions displayed for a given view?  The actual values of the dimensions are not necessary, just how many dimensions are visible.

I realize that these may or may not be easily accomplished in SolidWorks, but any help that anyone could offer on any of the questions above would be most appreciated.