AnsweredAssumed Answered

Solidworks 2016 takes over 8 minutes to load, maxxes out SSD

Question asked by Anna Teintze on Oct 21, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 24, 2016 by Anna Teintze

Hello!

I have been having issues with SolidWorks 2016 Student edition taking over 8 minutes to start up and having issues with performing tasks like opening singular parts, saving parts, and sometimes even performing actions like extruding or making tapped holes.

I have a brand new build with only a handful of programs, two solid state drives that are a terabyte each, running Windows 10, 16GB ram, AMD Phenom 1100T processor, fast but a little hiccupy WiFi connection, and a GeForce 970 graphics card (no, it is not supported, but it does not seem like the kind of thing that would do this?).

What I can see happening in the task manager windows is that it is completely clocking out one of my two solid state drives for the duration of the start-up. This makes it so that I cannot cancel the request to start SolidWorks, or even navigate the start menu of my computer.

I have tried a few things: restarting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling SolidWorks, disabling ad-ins, uninstalling and re-installing chrome, changing my power settings to high performance, and I have had no success.

If you have any idea why this is happening I would really like to hear from you.

Sincerely,

Anna

Outcomes