AnsweredAssumed Answered

Solidworks BOM not saving Custom Information.

Question asked by Tyson Hueppelsheuser on Oct 19, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 30, 2016 by Vladimir Urazhdin

So I do mostly spool drawings at work here so I created a custom BOM which was basically the standard BOM template which i then just deleted the description row and added a new row called Material Info which i manually fill in with the heat numbers of fittings and material type etc. Now when i do a routing assembly i define the all the spools and create a plumbing drawing. I've also created a custom sheet format that suits my need. Now when I'm going through the steps to create the plumbing drawing, i select my custom BOM template to insert into each drawing page etc. But when i edit the table by filling in my materials info column or deleting a row that has a part I don't want to include in my BOM, then save and exit the drawing. Every table on every page gets reset (most of the way, some of the information i placed in the table stays in.) but to the point where the drawing looks like it was just imported. its very frustrating as every time I find the a mistake somewhere in the drawing and want to correct and re-print it i have to completely re-do the BOM and all the numbering.

Ive attached a file where I've been running into this issue. It doesn't happen on small files only on files where I'm creating spool drawings. Ive also attached a previous print out of the file and what it supposed to look like.

Attachments

Outcomes