0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2016 11:06 AM by Daniela Coblas

Import thermal properties from ASC file-Circuitworks to Solidworks Flow Simulation

Daniela Coblas

Import thermal properties from ASC file-Circuitworks to Solidworks Flow Simulation

I am trying to solve this problem for months now...  To begin with I am working on thermal simulations for electronics and I am trying to import thermal properties of an electronic card (components) in flow simulation. The thing is that all this import procedure seems unstable,I have tried everything and it still does not work.

On my Workstation connected to our company server each test fails, I have already tried this:

- working on server (Circuit Works Library links on company server)

- working in local (Circuitworks Library links on local Workstation server)

- working on Solidworks 2016 with SP 1, 2, 4

- modifying the base ASCI file (adding points, spaces, text..)

- modifying the syntax when commanding Circuit Works to export thermal data towards Solidworks

On a portable PC with Solidworks 2016 SP3 & SP4:

- working on server (Circuit Works Library links on company server) : import failed

- working in local (Circuitworks Library links on local Workstation server) : import failed

- working in local (Circuitworks Library links on local Workstation server) and erase any available data in Circuitworks files on C:// : import worked

Doing the same thing on my Workstation: import failed

So I am kind off desperate cause I do not see where the problem is and I am tired of asking help and questions that don't seem to have an answer.

Does anyone have an answer..or a solution to this problem ?

Please see PDF FILE