7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2017 6:09 AM by Peter Brinkhuis

Section in Solidworks Drawings

Nabil Baig

Hello,

• Re: Section in Solidworks Drawings
          Steven Dod

Try moving your section view from the front view to the side view.  As it is now you will not get an accurate profile. I cannot say if this will fix your Import Model items issue though.  IMHO, I would not import the model items but would just add dimensions as needed.  There are only a few so it will not take long.

Steve

Jeremy Feist

for the imported dimensions to show correctly, the sketch plane and the section plane need to be co-planar.

Mark Kaiser

Move your section line to a view as shown, to get the true profile of the section (section line needs to go through the center of the radius on the part).  Use shift-drag to move the dimensions to the view you want them in (place cursor on dimension, press and hold shift, drag dimension to appropriate view).

Deepak Gupta

Why are you deleting descriptions from your posts? Are you afraid of something ?

Nabil Baig

hahah,,,just to clean my inbox a little bit 

Dave Bear

How do you figure this helps clean your inbox? And what's amusing?

All it does is show total disrespect to those that have helped you! It also prevents other members from learning about the problem you had should they come across the same issue.

Also, when another forum member takes the time to give you the assistance you require, you could at least give them the courtesy of crediting them with the reward of supplying the 'correct answer' rather than simply marking all of your posts 'assumed answered'.

This forum is full of members that have varying levels of knowledge and vast arrays of specialized skills. I would suggest that you try to take advantage of these rather than continue the on the fast-track (that you're currently on) that leads to a mass avoidance of any post placed by yourself Nabil.

The balls in your court my friend.

Dave.

Peter Brinkhuis

The forums automatically sets you as a follower to any topic you respond in. To stop your inbox from flooding with replies to topics you've replied to:

1. Click your profile pic
                          2. Go to Your Content
                          3. Click the gear icon right of a topic and click Following
                          4. Click Stop Following

That will get you the sought-after silence and will leave us with useful forum topics.