I have question regarding the set up of Flow Simulation for Vertical Axis Wind Turbine. The goal is to get the torque generated from the turbine, hence the coefficient of power.
My Set-Up is having a Complete Wind Turbine, A wind tunnel and a dummy rotating volume, note that this is a separated part - NOT the extrude without merge method.
- Inlet velocity is 20 m/s
- Environmental pressure on other ends
- Real Wall all four sides
- Rotating body at 25 rad/s, hence the tip speed ratio is at 4
- Flow doesn't interact with the rotating volume enough, look like its try to avoid getting into the turbine, any ideas?
- How could I get the flow to penetrate the rotating volume properly?
- Do I need another software to do it?
- How do I display torque?
- Is there something missing I should do? How can I improve the model/set up?
Photos are attached, it's a flow trajectory in Z-direction (Flow direction)
Best and thank you,