AnsweredAssumed Answered

Best tools to increase SolidWorks productivity

Question asked by Michael Hollfelder on Sep 22, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 6, 2016 by Jim Steinmeyer

I've been tasked with investigating tools (software or physical) my company can use to increase our SolidWorks productivity. I've come up with a few ideas but I would like to get some ideas from the forum. Just a little background my company uses SolidWorks to design custom conveyors for the packaging industry. We have had EPDM for the past year and a half and it has been great.

I've been investigating the 3Dconnexion spacemouse enterprise kit. It retails for about $400 but after reading the reviews people seem really happy with it. I think this will help us get work done quicker in SolidWorks and I think we would earn back the $400 with time saved after 1-2 months of use. This may be a hard pitch to sell to my boss however.

I just discovered the compare features and compare geometry tools in SolidWorks. I've been a user since '08 and never knew these existed and I have a feeling my co-workers may not know as well. These tools would be great after copy treeing parts to find out if we have duplicate parts and if they are not duplicate we can find out what is different. I believe this is easier than manually comparing 2 drawings side by side or doing mass properties check on each part.

I'm open to ideas from the forum.

Thank you.

Outcomes