AnsweredAssumed Answered

Contour rendering doesn't work in SW2016

Question asked by Richard Hazeldine on Sep 21, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 21, 2016 by Richard Hazeldine

This question has been asked before and was marked as 'ANSWERED' - but it was completely unanswered.

I've been using SW for 12 years now and have used all versions of 'add-in' rendering software from PhotoWorks through to PhotoView 360. Generally it's provided pleasing results for the purposes I've always used it for - until SW2016.

I'm no longer able to produce 'contour' renders - they now appear with 'ghosting' for want of a better word - this ghosting isn't restricted to one model/assembly but is consistantly there with everything I want to render. To solve the problem/get a workaround (now standard procedure with almost any SW function these days), I've attempted to change display styles, changed materials, all to no avail. 'Cartoon' renders are not good enough and don't display enough detail so this isn't an option.

My graphics driver is up-to-date, I've a decent PC with adaquate RAM - all the obvious stuff has been checked and covered.

I've said if before and I'll say it again: Dassault Systems, please give us a product that's entirely fit-for-purpose. I don't want new (bugged) features every release - I want a stable package where the existing features just... work. Is that too much to ask?

I'm now at the point where I'm very happy to end this 12-year relationship and move to another software supplier; the latest tactic of strong-arming people into maintaining subscriptions also smacks of highly-aggressive cartel-like bahavior which isn't all that endearing. Sort it out please.

Now, does anybody have a solution for this - or do I need to enter yet another SPR?

Regards,

Richard

Outcomes