Saltworks Technologies Inc. (http://www.saltworkstech.com) is a BC-based innovative clean technology company. We develop and build breakthrough low energy desalination and water treatment technologies that treat the world's most challenging salt waters.
Many desalt seawater, which we can do, but we specialize in desalting very salty waters from industry, and one in space. Our customers include NASA, the Navy, oil & gas, mining, and other industrial companies. We help them clean their water, use less energy, and save money.
We offer an exciting and rewarding work environment to talented, professional, and hardworking individuals. Our team has over fifty patents. We design and build highly innovative products, and we travel internationally to commission and test them.
We are looking for an early career Mechanical Engineer in Training to join our team. You will be coached and mentored by experienced and Professional Engineers. You will be designing products, supporting their manufacture, and helping to ensure customer needs are met. The design may include 3D design of custom components, pipe work design, small structures, thermal systems, and mechanical component sizing and selection such as pumps, thermal systems, and other. We like designers who also think about manufacturing, efficiency, and longevity. This role will likely include field work.
If you are a talented recent graduate with 0 to 5 years experience, have a desire to work hard to build a bright future, and capable with Solidworks, we want to hear from you. This position could include travel to our field plant locations to support construction and commissioning, giving you the opportunity to see how your designs are being used by customers.
- Relevant Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must be capable in Solidworks, AutoCAD, and interested to expand their design skills
- Mechanically inclined and a problem solver
- Highly organized and pays attention to details
- Performs well under pressure
- Able to work autonomously as well as in a team
- Always ready to roll up your sleeves and pitch in as required
- We highly value good grades, so please apply with your transcripts
- Competitive compensation package including benefits
- Great work environment with high emphasis on innovation and team work
- Training, development and career growth opportunities for top performers
If you would like to spend your days working with a globally recognized team of smart committed people who are solving a big problem, please email your resume and your academic transcript to email@example.com. Please state the “Mechanical EIT / Technologist” in the subject line. Cover letters are not required, but we welcome any text on your past experiences, including team sports or hobbies, as well as pictures of projects you have built that may help you excel in this position.
By the way, here’s a video of a recent machine that our team built: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gmipQZwJZM
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications are considered confidential.