2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2008 12:12 PM by Scott Dankel

referenced files are not being pulled when using pack and go or copy tree

Thomas Hall
      I am testing Copy Tree in comparison to Pack and Go.

I am testing on the following files:

111111-501.SLDASM which contains 222222.SLDPRT
      111111-501.SLDDRW
      222222.SLDDRW

I have noticed that in either function (Panck and GO and Copy Tree) that if I select the assembly or the assemblies drawing, the command will pull in the assembly, the assemblies drawing and the part, but NOT the drawing associated to the part.

Is this the functionality? Is this how the doftware is supposed to work?

If so and/or if not, is there a better way to accomplish a full duplication, capturing all associated parts and drawings? How do you handle duplicating a larger assembly referenceing mulitple files in mulitple folders with drawings?

Something just does not seem right.
        • referenced files are not being pulled when using pack and go or copy tree
          Scott Dankel
          I'm working with htis same issue.

I'm thinking it has to do with the folder/file structure. When I attempt to pack & go, say a file/assembly that starts with 116 it will only pull the drawings associated with the 116 folder...if the same 116 assembly references parts in a 100 folder it will not pull those drawings.

I'm attempting to pull all of our files into a single folder to see if this resolves this issue and will report back when I know more.
            • referenced files are not being pulled when using pack and go or copy tree
              Scott Dankel
              Thomas,

This is exactly the problem. Even after trying many things (like putting all of our numbered folders in the SW search paths), I copied all of our files into a single folder on a stand alone machine and did pack and go and guess what, it found all of the drawings. The drawback to this however is that realistically we cannot have all of our files in a singular folder as opening that single folder to browse takes FOREVER. So I guess for us, we'll have to continue with the copy and paste exercise we have been doing. A pain for sure.