Do you want to work with offshore structural design for both the Oil & Gas and the offshore wind industry? Do you want to be part of an international team of experts who are winning more and more projects? - then keep on reading.
Your role and FE tasks
As an FE Engineer you will be working with detailed calculations of the ultimate and fatigue capacity of structural components for both offshore oil and gas jacket structures and offshore wind substructures, e.g. as part of either new design or re-assessment due to changed specifications or lifetime extensions. The typical FE tasks include ultimate capacity, SCF, influence matrix determination for structural components e.g. pile clusters, lifting attachments, sea fastening details, clamps, simple and complex jacket joints etc.
We offer you the opportunity to work with tasks such as:
- Prepare reports leading to authority approval/certification
- Develop and optimise FEA analysis procedures (mainly by use of APDL scripting)
- Develop and optimise our FEA procedures in close corporation with FEA teams in both Copenhagen and Chennai
- Prepare CAD modelling of complex details in e.g. SolidWorks, Inventor or similar CAD system
- Liaise with certifying agency
If you find it valuable, you will have the possibility to go on business trips, mainly to visit our colleagues in Copenhagen and Chennai.
An international mind-set combined with solid FE skills
It is important that you can see yourself in a specialist role, that you have an analytical approach to tasks and that you demonstrate a high professionalism - both in relation to own tasks and when sparring with your colleagues. There is a lot of coordination between our offices which means that you are able to use your excellent communication skills and your ability to organise.
You can have a background in different industries, such as offshore, wind, energy, building, bridges or consulting engineering companies.
Besides your personal qualifications, we also expect you to have:
- Master or Ph.D. degree in civil or mechanical engineering
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience in designing steel structures or complex structures using the ANSYS/LS-DYNA package
- Proven experience with APDL programming
- Experience with LS-DYNA – Nonlinear analysis
- Experience with modelling of complex geometry by use of CAD software – preferably SolidWorks
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Your new colleagues
Today, the Global Service Area for Jackets in Ramboll Oil & Gas counts more than 50 employees. The department is primarily working with jackets for both the Oil & Gas and the offshore wind industry. The department offers services within new substructure design, reassessment and service life extension, hazard (fire and explosion) engineering, noise and vibration engineering and Structural Health Monitoring Systems.
An exciting and challenging job in a dynamic and international environment with a pleasant working climate and highly skilled colleagues. We are focused on knowledge sharing and collaboration across competence areas and geography and enjoy an informal tone. Ramboll invests a lot in development of people and offers career paths tailored for each individual.
For further information about the position, please e-mail your questions to our recruitment team at email@example.com
If you are interested in applying, please send your application through our online recruitment system by clicking the link to apply. Please send your application no later than 25th September.
Apply for job online: https://express.candarine.com/campaign/url/forward/d8bd6d200769