SEG Systems designs, engineers and manufactures a full range of wall mounted, free standing, suspended, integrated retail displays and tradeshow structures.
At SEG we are fortunate to have customers that are continuously forging us into a company who embraces technology to help create framing, fixtures and display solutions that help our customers sell their products and services. Our uniqueness is what makes us a creative, energetic, fast paced and innovative company.
POSITION: Solidworks Designer/Engineer
REPORTS TO: E-Programming Manager
LOCATION: Charlotte, NC
- Make final drawings of 3D design, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Communicate with Project Mangers about design issues.
- Convert SolidWorks models and assemblies to 2D drawings and produce drawings for production packets
- Learn to create solid models and assemblies based on existing designs, sketches and instruction.
- Control revisions on existing prints and redesigns on existing products.
- Provide detailed installation assembly prints with BOM’s for Fabrication and Installation use.
- Ensure all drawing files are saved and placed in proper locations to enable all employees with Solid Works clearance to be able to access prints.
- To provide support as needed to the Project Managementwith respect to choices in anddesign. Also providing support on material selections as necessary per the design.
- Follow SEG’s/ industry standards for all aspects of drawing. This includes tolerances, layer control, title blocks, and drawing aspects of project designs.
- QC work for accuracy and completeness.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Proficient in SolidWorks and 3D modelling
- SolidWorks training certificate preferred but not required for the right candidate.
- 2-5 years of engineering drafting experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient with Adobe Suite products.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States and willing to relocate to the Charlotte, NC area.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a team player and self-starter and requires minimal supervision
- Must be DETAIL-ORIENTED
- Ability to work in a team or matrix environment is required.
- Proactive, result oriented.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Good time management, organization and priority defining skills.
- Good ability to listen, communicate (written or oral) and collaborate.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this position is filled.
Include your cover letter, resume and salary requirements in your application with “Solidworks Designer/Engineer” in the subject line and send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are encouraged to provide a portfolio of past drafting work along with their application.