1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 4, 2016 9:03 PM by Logan Pegler

This version of SolidWorks has not been commissioned properly, please contact your supplier. (200-EDU)

Austin Moore

I keep getting this error message when starting up SolidWorks: "This version of SolidWorks has not been commissioned properly, please contact your supplier. (200-EDU)". It occurs when the startup window says "Verifying license..."

I was getting this message a couple of days ago when I tried to install it on my Windows 7 partition of my MacBook Pro. Took it to the IT guy in my college and he said that it was most likely because I had a previous install and license from a different institution.

I deleted my Windows 7 partition through bootcamp and performed a clean install of Windows 10 today. I installed SolidWorks from the files provided by my school again, input the server information in the SolidWorks License Manager, and still received this message.

Can anyone help?

Specs:

Late-2012 non-retina MacBook Pro

OS X El Captain/Windows 10 Home (64 bit) through Boot Camp

Intel i7

16gb RAM

SolidWorks 2014 x64 Edition

• Re: This version of SolidWorks has not been commissioned properly, please contact your supplier. (200-EDU)
          Logan Pegler

Hi Austin,

This error message normally means there is some license conflict.

You could try the instructions as per SolidWorks KB S-018301:

This error can occur if there is a conflict with previous license data on the computer.  To correct it, clean up earlier license data in the following location:

C:\ProgramData\SolidWorks\Licenses

Additionally, run the following command from a DOS/Command Prompt

C:\>”C:\<SolidWorks Install Folder>setup\i386\swactwiz.exe/”dellic /primprod:solidworks

Once these actions are completed, launch SolidWorks and (re)activate.

If this doesn't help then perhaps the IT department should contact your schools reseller for further assistance on your behalf.