1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 30, 2016 1:56 PM by Glenn Schroeder

Assembly Hole Series on Mirrored Hole Feature of Part

Cameron Crook

Hello, I have a part which has identical tapped holes on either end. I drew a sketch on one end and created a hole feature from that. I then mirrored it across the mid plane. However, in the assembly I am unable to select the mirrored side to create a counterbore on the face of a base plate. Is there a solution to this? Thank you in advance.

• Re: Assembly Hole Series on Mirrored Hole Feature of Part
          Glenn Schroeder

Cameron Crook wrote:

Hello, I have a part which has identical tapped holes on either end. I drew a sketch on one end and created a hole feature from that. I then mirrored it across the mid plane. However, in the assembly I am unable to select the mirrored side to create a counterbore on the face of a base plate. Is there a solution to this? Thank you in advance.

What did you mirror across the mid plane?  The hole feature, or a body?  If it was a body, did you have "Bodies" selected in the Mirror feature's PropertyManager instead of the default "Features"?  (See #21 at Frequently Asked Forum Questions.  That's referring to patterns, but the same is true for mirrors.)  If that doesn't fix it, can you post the Part here?