AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need a little assistance figuring mitered on pipe in relation to slotted end

Question asked by Dave Krum on Aug 30, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 1, 2016 by Dave Krum

Good afternoon All,

Been a while since I've logged on here as I haven't done too much SW in the recent months.  I have a pipe that has a thru slot on one end and a simple 45 degree miter on the other end, but since the miter is skewed in relation to the slots which are on centerline, I'm having trouble trying to get the correct angle to tell the saw operator to "turn" the pipe (assuming the slot is already in the left end) before he does the 45 miter.  I've attached the assembly file which I've converted from the customer's detailer which was an IFC file.  The first snip below shows the pipe in the front view as it appears on the drawing I have.  The second snip shows the view where I've turned the pipe in 3d by eyeballing on the screen so that now the mitered end shows "normal" to the screen (a normal straight thru cut).  I've made a plane coincident to the cut, just need to figure out how to get the plane so it is perpendicular to the view.  Not sure I'm explaining myself adequately enough.  Here's the snips:

front view shown with thru slot on left end normal to screen but mitered end skewed to screen:

3d turned view showing mitered end true to screen (normal to screen) - need to know the turn angle between centerlines on the slot as compared to those on the miter:

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Outcomes