4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2008 4:07 PM by Robert Hussong

Training Templates

Robert Hussong
      I have been going through the SW'08 Tutorials for about a week and a half now, and have been using SW to convert mm to inches and vice versa.

Next week I start the online training that SW offers and received a SolidWorks Premium manual. In lesson two, they want the user to open a new part and click on the Part_mm template which is found within the Training Templates Tab on the New SolidWorks Document dialog box.

The problem is, my dialog box does not have that tab. The SW help does not specify how to open/load the tab, the manual that I received does not give any other instructions to this and I have not found this topic refernced anywherre in the Forums.

Can someone please instruct me as to how to get this tab to show up?
        • Training Templates
          Troy Peterson
          Options -> System Options -> File Locations -> Document Templates -> ADD

Path: Program Files\solidworks\solidworks\lang\english\tutorial

Next time you open new part you should have a tutorial tab.
            • Training Templates
              Robert Hussong
              Thank you Troy,
              When I searched within that directory, there was nothing in it. So... thinking that there was a problem with my install, I un-installed and then re-installed.

Now my screen looks like what I have attached in the "tab problems.zip" (if I can succesfully load that attachment)

While the picture in my manual has a template tab with a training template tab
              and in the selection screen there are numerous selections available:

AltISO
              Part
              Part_IN
              Part_IN_Axes
              Part_MM
              Assembly
              Assembly_IN
              Assembly_MM
              A-Scale1to2
              B_Size_AN...
              C_Size_AN...
              Drawing