2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2016 7:56 AM by Zoltan Felhazi

EFD Zooming - Time Dependent Simulation

Zoltan Felhazi

Hy everybody. My question is the next: I would like to use EFD Zooming in Flow Simulation, but I d'ont know if possible when use time dependent simulation. Is anybody who can help me to understand relations between transfer boundary conditions and time dependent simulation? Thanks

• Re: EFD Zooming - Time Dependent Simulation
          Amit Katz

The "time-dependent" option is mainly used to set simulation time steps and convergence criteria. I don't see why it would interfere with EFD zooming. You should give it a try.

• Re: EFD Zooming - Time Dependent Simulation
              Zoltan Felhazi

Thank you for your answer. I tried to use Zooming in time-dependent situation and I think that is not possible. When you use EFD Zooming there are 2 way to use Transfer Boundary Condition: You can select either Flow Simulation Project Or Results (fld) file to apply the TransferBC. In Time Dependent situation in any iteration you have another boundary condition and there is no way to adjust the Flow Simulation to run all saved fld files one after another ( and when you read the project, that mean just last iteration). The process will work just in next situation: you save dense and start whit the first fld file. Thereafter you change the initial condition of the EFD Zoominged area and continue with next saved fld file and so on. But there are no application, posibility or else something like this.